- Baseenv is my own collection of routines and programs that I have found valuable, particularly in working with distributed memory parallel computers. The most recent tarball is available. This package is being managed at bitbucket as a private project; email me if you are interested in access to the repository. Unfortunately, there is apparently no easy way to make the downloads available to everyone from bitbucket.
- MPICH is a freely available implementation of the
MPI Message Passing Interface standard.
Also available are sample programs and tutorials
- Example code for "Using MPI-2" Tutorial, a gzip'ed tar file.
- The Portable, Extensible Toolkit for Scientific computing (PETSc) is a freely available package for solving large linear and nonlinear systems of equations. PETSc can be used on single workstations (or even laptops) or on parallel machines of all kinds.
- Sowing is a collection of tools for developing portable programs. The major tool in this collection is doctext, a program for creating documentation from structured comments within source code.